October 4, 2012

Webinar

This was interesting. A different view of technology. I think a lot of people fear change and technology and such, including myself sometimes. But we rarely look at technology in the classroom as something that will enable students. I guess I can compare this idea of mass technology and creative technology to the real world. We always hear of all this bad scary news of crimes and unfortunate events, but we hardly ever hear about all the good people in the world, so the news makes it seem like it's a scary world. The same with technology, we don't really hear much about the creative technology that can be utilized to do wonderful things.

I certainly appreciated the point where they asked to reminisce about their school experiences. But then again, like anything else, it can be positive or negative. But the point is that empathy was involved, and I think that's the most important quality for a person to have and to exercise. I appreciated them asking to ponder and think critically and objectively about what we want for our children and future generations. It's important that we don't hold them back because "that's not the way it was when I was growing up."

No comments:

Post a Comment